Arthritis? Me Too...

I Have Arthritis.  What's that? You do too? Oh....I need to have both knees replaced.  What did you say? Your knees hurt too?  You say to me, as you go shopping and walk the entire store, clean your house, take your dog for a walk. Even hold down a job.

I have that conversation with people several times a year. How can you compare your arthritis pain to mine? Let's trade. Listen to me. I brought the subject up by the way, maybe I just need to vent.  Venting is good.  

I would love to be able to go to a store. the only one I can go to is Wal-Mart, and that is because they have one of those motorized shopping carts that you can ride on.

I cannot walk through an entire store. I barely make it from the vehicle to the shopping cart as it is.

I would love to be able to stand more than 20 seconds, bending and lifting and organizing and cleaning.  But the arthritis in my lower back was classified by an MRI as "severe".  This was 5 years ago. it's even worse than "severe" now. The only thing they can do is a fusion surgery, which is not recommended for me for several reasons.  

So we come to terms with the fact that any type of walking for me of more than 20 seconds is going to involve sitting.  Somewhere.  A walker with a seat, a wheelchair, a motorized riding cart.  Thank about that.

How would you live YOUR life if you had to do that?

What's that? You have Arthritis Too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burned Biscuits-A Lesson We All Should Learn

Listia!